We did it up big in room 2! Students registered to vote, gave speeches for their favorite candidates, voted, ate red, white, and blue popsicles, and Willow's mom brought in red, white and blue jello!! The puppet stage was turned into a voting booth and Caley's parents decorated the classroom with red, white, and blue balloon bouquets.
We even snuck into the cafeteria to see the actual voting process in action.

5 comments:
That is so cool! I am happy that no conservative created a proposition banning "kid voting" in elementary school...And the majority voted for Obama, smart kids you have there!
they'll remember voting in room 2 the day they turn 18 and actually get to vote for real! awesome!
very cute! I want a popsicle!
I bet you are relieved that you don't have to start your lesson plans on gay marriage... :)
Thanks for a great day for the kids. We've heard all about it...many times, hahaha!
the kids had so much fun! thanks for giving them the opportunity to vote.
Post a Comment